If you would like to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to keep it on file for future reference.
Join the Astral Family!
Job Title: Peak Season Warehouse Assistant
Position Type: Part Time, Seasonal
Duration: March 18th 2019 – June 30th 2019
Location: Asheville, NC
Astral is a growing manufacturer of technical outdoor products with deep roots in the paddling and outdoor community. Our Asheville headquarters are located on the corner of Broadway and Riverside and are the center point of our operations. We are a focused group of paddlers, designers, engineers, and regular good people. We spend most of our time creating cool stuff and trying our best to please our customers. Astral is a small business where our success is judged by our customers and our own personal satisfaction, doing the best possible work for the most good.
The Warehouse Assistant will assist the Warehouse/Shipping department with inventory management, picking and packing orders for shipping, receiving incoming shipments, and facility maintenance. Our ideal candidate is motivated, comfortable working on their feet, and detail oriented.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to:
- Package, scan, and prepare orders for delivery
- Unload, organize, and properly store inventory from incoming shipments
- Keep warehouse shelves stocked and organized
- Assist in the cleaning of warehouse
- Participate in inventory counts
Other job functions:
- Assist with warehouse and office maintenance tasks as needed
- Assist with preparation for tradeshows and events
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and move large boxes weighing about 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Candidate must be able to work independently for long periods of time
- Must be a good team member
- Must have good attention to detail
- Friendly, helpful, organized, detailed personality
- Must be able to stay focused in an open and sometimes distracting work environment
- Familiar with MS Office, primarily Excel
Weekly schedule will be set by department manager depending on workload. Typical hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 but some weeks may have more or less work.
If interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com